nihilistwaffles was askin’ for zine recommendations, so I thought I’d make a list of some of my faves, here, and include links on where to find ‘em.
- anything by Julia Eff (Pioneers Press or Tumblr)
- anything by Billy the Bunny (Pioneers Press or Etsy)
- anything by Bucket Siler (Pioneers Press or website)
- Big Hands (Pioneers Press or website)
- Burn Collector (website or Quimby’s)
- cheaptoys (Tumblr)
- Cheer the Eff Up (Mend My Dress Press)
- Cometbus (Pioneers Press)
- Doris (Doris Distro)
- The Fury (Bigcartel)
- Ghost Lungs (Doris Distro or Tumblr)
- Ghost Pine (I can’t find anywhere to purchase single issues, currently, but you can order a compilation book of older issues here, and I would highly, highly recommend it)
- Kiss Off (Pioneers Press or Parcell Press)
- Mend My Dress (Etsy)
- PALS: The Radical Possibilities of Friendship (Quimby’s)
- Piltdownlad (Etsy)
- Sour Puss (Etsy)
- Think About the Bubbles (Quimby’s or Bigcartel)
- Woven In Yr Nerves (Bigcartel)
- and, I mean, my zine, Reckless Chants, cos what kind of self-promoter would I be if I didn’t throw that in there? (Storenvy or Pioneers Press)
‘Shotgun Seamstress' by Osa Atoe - a zine for, by and about black punk rockers, made from 2006 - 2011, available to buy as an anthology
i can’t tell you how pleased i am to present collide #2: a zine on physical & mental illness. the theme of this issue is “passing” and it features work by:
ariane k (xochronicallyyours)
kerri radley (deafula)
*with cover art by the inimitable sara bear (sarabearcomics)
debuting for the everything’s coming up milhouse zine tour (via philly, dc, columbus, champaign-urbana) & the 2014 chicago zine fest. see ya’ll so soon <3
(or peep it on etsy)
Here’s a handy list of all of the events going down during Chicago Zine Fest weekend! We’re gonna see you there, right?!
Click on the photo for a larger image!
LA Zine Fest will have a table at this! Can’t wait!
Just got a proof from my printer friend Dave Kloc for some new prints I’ll be selling this weekend at LA Zine Fest!
Come on down to the LA zine fest! We’ll be selling comics and prints till 5 at 8711 Washington blvd in culver city!
screen print bike
someday i will make it to LA zine fest. until then, it’s cool to see my zines represented on a table so many miles away. cheers to mend my dress press, and everybody who took part in this event.
and to neely and colleen- you rock!
Just got back from LA Zine Fest which was AMAZING. In fact, it was a pretty great weekend. Locations used on Buffy, food, cheap beer, yard sales, the Creative Reuse Depot in Long Beach, air mattresses, dogs and all the zines EVER. I fell a bit in love with LA this weekend. WEIRD.
(Also I was sitting next to Liz Prince at LAZF and she was really really nice and I got all her overflow fans to look at zines about vaginas. Brilliant. #zinecelebrities)
My haul from the LA Zine Fest. And yet there were still so many zines I wish I’d picked up but forgot in the general frenzy of the fest.